Here at Columbia Summit Veterinary Hospital, our mission is to deliver veterinary service in a personal manner. We pride ourselves on our ability to make our clients feel at home from the moment they walk in the door! We believe in educating pet owners so they know how to ensure that their companions live a long, happy and healthy life.
If your pet has been seen by an emergency or referral service, a complementary recheck is done back here at our veterinary clinic.
After all they aren’t just pets, they are family!
Animal Vet Services:
Wellness exams, vaccinations, dental cleanings, medical consults and therapy, in house lab (blood, urine, parasite), digital x-ray and dental x-ray, injury rehabilitation and grooming.
Soft tissue, spays, neuters, dental surgery(major and minor extractions), ophthalmic, otolaryngological, and orthopedic are some of the many surgical procedures we offer!
For questions or booking please call 250-314-1861
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.
Meet our Team
Dr. Paul Hunter, D.V.MPractice Owner and Resident Veterinarian
SusanOffice Administrator and Head Receptionist
ShawneeRegistered Vet Technician
CorenaAnimal Care Assistant
In addition to veterinary services we also offer a variety of animal health products, retail products and pet food.
We have a complete pet food selection from standard diets for the average healthy pet to unique diets for pets with special nutritional requirements. We also do special orders for products and food, if we don’t have it, we can get it! Our special orders usually arrive within a 1-3 days of ordering
Our Full Service Hospital Diagnostics Include
- Digital X-ray CR system – For fast clear x-rays in minutes, which, may be accompanied by a digital copy to take home or be emailed to you.
- Digital Dental X-ray System – Results within minutes for complete oral health care.
- Blood Chemistry Analyser – The “Vs2” analyser does a complete blood chemistry in 14 minutes – no waiting 2-4 days for results from the lab!
- CBC/Diff machine (red and white blood cell analyser) – The “Hm5” can run a complete CBC/Diff in 6 minutes for fast results while you wait!
- On Site Urinalysis and Parasite tesing – One of our skilled technicians can run a U/A in 6 minutes and fecal analysis in 10 minutes for fast results.
- Local MRI referral services – Get an MRI done in Kamloops as soon as the next day, with Anaesthesia/Monitoring done by CSVH!
- Comfortable runs – Our runs have tile floors with individual dimmer lights, to create a peaceful stay.